Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
IBM is currently hiring a talented Database Architect (DA). The DA provides ongoing production support for the administration, integration and management activities of database systems and software. The position is responsible for the support of the ClearPlay, ClearFlow and TVE database platforms. The DA is responsible for the setup and change to configuration of the production systems. The role will provide support for production issues with the database. The DA will document and automate support capabilities, communicate and drive resolution of bug fixes. The role will be part of a pager rotation.
Link to apply: http://ibm.biz/BdrY35
- Work with Development and Systems Operations on database design and implementation enhancements
- Primary on day to day schema changes and database maintenance
- Help developers to optimize queries, stored procedure and database design
- Develops and implements best practices for Disaster Recovery and Backups
- Assists in evaluating and selecting equipment, services and vendors
- Defines and implements maintenance plans for the database systems
- Responsible for determining standards, practices and processes
- Attend events such as trade shows, conferences, seminars, etc.
- 3+ years experience with PostgreSQL 9.x, MySQL NDB and Cassandra
- 3+ years completing query execution plans and database design principles
- 4 years Structured Query Language (SQL) scripting skills including Stored Procedures and PostgreSQL scripting
- 4 years performance tuning skills
- 4 years troubleshooting live database systems issues.
- 3+ years knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore
- 3+ years Debian Linux, Database Replication and NOSQL
- 3+ experience producing report metrics for database performance
- 3+ Experience with Linux systems
- 3+ years experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Softlayer or Azure
- 3 years security background
- 3+ years experience with Hadoop
- Automation experience
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!