Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
IBM is currently hiring a talented Instrumentation (monitoring) Engineer. This role provides ongoing support to automate monitoring solutions for all video systems and software infrastructure. This includes Linux systems, databases, applications and networks. The role will document and provide weekly / monthly reporting for platform service level agreements (SLAs). Participate in capacity and performance reviews.
Link to apply: https://ibm.biz/BdrQpU
- Responsible for setup, management and tools to automate monitoring of platforms
- Able to set priorities and deliver on quality
- Document and automate SLAs and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reporting
- Identify problems and trends and produce reporting to the relevant teams
- Develop dashboards for the operations team including the NOC
- Assist with capacity planning and performance forecasting.
Experience / Skills Required: The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in video systems and software. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
• 3 years experience with Tomcat, Apache, Linux (Debian preferred)
• 3+ years experience Application Performance Monitors (APM) such as Apica/Rigor/Wily/Tivoli
• 4+ years Experience with Systems monitoring such as ZenOs/Nagios/Sitescope/Newrelic
• 3+ years Experience with SNMP/Syslog/Sumologic/Splunk
• Demonstrated knowledge of database and network operations
• 2+ years experience with Cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, Softlayer)
• 3+ years experience automation with Puppet/Chef/Ansible
• 3+ years scripting using Java/Bash/Python
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!