Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
IBM is currently hiring a talented NOC engineer. The Network Operations Center is a 24 hours 7-day support center. The NOC support engineer provides shift based production support for the ClearPlay, ClearFlow, and TVE platforms. The role monitors ticketing and event consoles to remediate and / or escalate incidents by triaging external and internal teams to meet varying Service Level Agreements (SLAs) response times. This position is primarily first shift (7AM - 4PM Monday - Friday) but is expected to be able to cover other shifts as needed. Support functions include installing, configuring and maintaining data center production and pre-production systems. The role will document support capabilities, communicate and drive resolution of bug fixes with the engineering teams.
Link to apply: https://ibm.biz/BdrQpN
- Support data center operations dealing with various levels of technical complexity
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining data center production and pre-production systems
- Work with development teams to triage and diagnose issues in production
- Actively participate in a program of continuous improvement of development documentation
- Daily review of system logs to ensure system and application security and continuity
- Responsible for following standards, practices and processes provided
- Tomcat - 3 years minimum
- Apache - 3 years minimum
- Linux - 4 years (Debian preferred)
- Java 3 years
• Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. routing, Hypertext Transport Proctol (HTTP), Domain Name System (DNS), other internet related protocols
• 3 years experience with monitoring and ticketing systems such as Zendesk, Zenoss, ServiceNow, Remedy, Relic, Rigor, etc.
• 3 years experience with JIRA
• 3 years Database (MySQL, PostgresQL, Cassandra)
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!