Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
IBM is seeking an expert in the field of video streaming technology to lead video initiatives within the IBM Cloud Video unit. The ideal candidate is an expert in video technology including strong familiarity with streaming protocols, live streaming, codecs, encoding, transcoding, DRM, CDN and networking, 360 and VR video and video monetization strategies. You will work closely with video engineering teams to guide the development of streaming, encoding, transcoding and video player products. You will identify relevant business and technology partners to work with to augment IBM Cloud Video’s technology strategy around live and on-demand video delivery. A key function of this role is to bridge the gap between technical business requirements and technical architecture and to guide the technology investments to ensure an optimized return on investment. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with world class researchers, developers and sales and marketing teams in addition to your colleagues in the product organization. This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in the strategy of a growing business unit within an iconic technology company.
Link to apply: https://ibm.biz/BdrQ8c
- Conduct market research and user research to gain insights and inputs for the product roadmap. This includes:
- Researching potential market
- Researching competitors
- Data analysis of existing customer behavior and usage
- Interviews with customers and internal stakeholders
- Develop product plans that clearly define the scope and timeline for development phases and include the specifications the product or feature must meet.
- Establish performance goals and measurement methods for products.
- Socialize product plans within the company and with prospective customers and get buy in from key stakeholders on your plans.
- Communicate throughout the process to key stakeholders to set expectations about the functionality and timelines for your products.
- Work cross functionally with other departments within the company to design, deliver, sell, market and support your products:
- UX team to ensure that all products meet IBM’s high standards of usability and customer satisfaction.
- Engineering teams to estimate, prioritize and deliver products and features that meet the specifications and work through technical challenges to deliver the functionality the business and customers demand.
- Customer support team to ensure they are informed well in advance about product changes and releases and be responsive to their feedback from customers about bugs and feature requests.
- Marketing team to plan product releases, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- Sales team to train them on the products, support their sales efforts and gather their feedback from customers and prospects.
- Finance and BI team to establish reporting, cost structures and revenue plans for products.
- Executive team to deliver presentations on performance of products already built and share plans for future products.
- Be the key point of contact and expert on the product throughout the development cycle, the release process and throughout the product’s lifetime.
- Monitor the success of the product from a user and business point of view. Develop and execute on plans to continually improve the product.
- Provide recommendations on what resources should be invested in your products, monitor the ROI of your products and facilitate the sunset process for poorly performing products.
Expert in video technology including strong familiarity with streaming protocols, live streaming, codecs, encoding, transcoding, DRM, CDN and networking, 360 and VR video and video monetization strategies.
Background in software development and software architecture.
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!