Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
IBM has recently announced a new Cloud Video Services Business Unit which includes the new acquisitions Clearleap and Ustream. Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone – and all of season two on your tablet. The Clearleap platform as a service allows TV networks, cable and satellite providers, and major studios to offer video on tablets, smart phones, connected TVs and PCs. Ustream is a leading provider of live and on-demand video solutions providing a cloud-based platform that empowers organizations to be more transparent and productive by combining high-quality video streaming, enterprise-grade security, and scalability to reach millions of viewers. Together, these solutions provide the core of our IBM Cloud Video Offerings.
Link to apply: http://ibm.biz/Bdrhf2
IBM is currently hiring a talented Platform Automation Engineer. The Platform Automation Engineer provides ongoing support to automate solutions around tech debt and operation support tasks for all video systems and software infrastructure. The role will document and automate support capabilities.
- Responsible for setup, management and tools to automate and monitor platform deployment
- Able to set priorities and deliver on quality
- Document and automate support capabilities
- Identify and develop strategies to eliminate tech debt and manual operation task
- Develop tools for the operations team including the NOC
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in video systems and software. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field
• 4+ years experience with Tomcat, Apache, Linux (Debian preferred)
• 2+ years experience with Cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, Softlayer)
• 3+ years experience automation with Puppet/Chef/Ansible
• 3+ years scripting using Java/Bash
• Experience with automating support tasks and creating toolsets for Operations
• 2+ years experience working with Git/Subversion, Jira, Artifactory, Foreman
• Demonstrated knowledge of database and network operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in facilitation
• Strong multi-tasking ability; ability to move many projects forward in parallel
• Willingness/ability to adapt to new environments and changes and to learn quickly
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!