Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
IBM is currently hiring talented Platform Infrastructure Engineer. The platform infrastructure engineer provides ongoing production support for the administration, integration and management of all video systems and software infrastructure. This includes physical, private and public cloud virtual systems. The position is responsible for setup, management and tools to automate and monitor platform deployment. The platform infrastructure role will provide support for production issues including failures, performance and capacity planning for the platform. The role will document and automate support capabilities, communicate and drive security standards / practices, and disaster recovery strategy. Deliver on global, scalable solutions for Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service. It will be part of a pager rotation.
Link to apply: http://ibm.biz/BdrX9w
- Responsible for providing support for our ClearPlay, ClearFlow, TVE infrastructure platforms
- Responsible for providing tier 2 support for the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Responsible for setup, management and tools to automate and monitor platform deployment.
- Able to communicate and manage relationships with the engineering and project teams
- Able to set priorities and deliver on quality and SLAs
- Document and automate support capabilities, communicate and drive security standards / practices, and disaster recovery strategy
- Identify and develop disaster recovery strategies
- Responsible for deploying and managing physical and cloud solutions
- Responsible for setting standards and practices and ensuring processes are followed
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in video systems and software. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field
- 4+ years experience with Tomcat, Apache, Linux (Debian preferred)
- 2+ years experience with Cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, Softlayer)
- 3+ years experience automation with Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- 3+ years scripting using Java/Bash
- 2+ years experience working with virtualized solutions like VMware, OpenStack, Dockers
- Demonstrated knowledge of database and network operations
- Experience with automating support tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in facilitation
- Strong multi-tasking ability; ability to move many projects forward in parallel
- Willingness/ability to adapt to new environments and changes and to learn quickly
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!