Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
Clearleap, now part of IBM Cloud Video, prides itself on the collaborative work we do in Product Management to serve top media and entertainment customers worldwide. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing on analyzing, positioning, and continually tailoring our video streaming solutions to help our customers engage consumers and drive revenue through top-notch experiences. We work closely with our engineers and partners to guide features, products, and solutions from conception through development to launch.
This Product Manager position focuses on our Cloud Video Catalog and Subscriber Manager product, specifically responsible for the products that enable our Media and Entertainment and other customers to monetize video services - through direct billing of subscribers and authentication through third-party service providers (e.g. Comcast or Apple), and ad-supported monetization through supporting client and server side ad insertion. This position will evolve the features and functionality around flexible payment methods and user access/tiering rules, evolve our API, players and platform to optimize ad supported models, and be a key stakeholder in identifying and enabling meaningful analytics that help our customers drive their business. This position is also responsible for our TV Everywhere authentication product for TV service providers.
Link to apply: http://ibm.biz/BdrLK7
o Cloud Video User Access and Monetization
- Billing Plug-Ins / Integrations (Google, Apple, Amazon, Zuora, Vindicia, etc.)
- Subscriber Management / Customer Care Dashboard
o Cloud Video Verified Access (TV Everywhere Authentication)
o API, data feeds and partnerships that support ad-driven models
• Product Management
o Drive the roadmap for your products; map releases to customer and market needs; meet with key stakeholders to understand pain points and opportunities; help guide roadmap priorities.
o Write requirements documents and user stories and instinctively "get" the art and science of managing requirements that can be successfully executed by engineering teamso Evangelize product direction to internal stakeholders and customers. Identify commonalities or gaps across customer stakeholders and proactively drive toward alignment; collaborate with team PMs and PMs in other IBM divisions as and if applicable (e.g. Social Media Insights, Watson)
o Drive requirements reviews with key stakeholders to ensure understanding, and then with architects and engineers to drive the product forward. Provide product leadership and daily management from inception to UAT.
o Be the product owner in sprint planning and daily stand-ups; pay meticulous attention to juggling the backlog; inspire and provide steady direction to engineering
o Own and build relationships with solution partners (e.g. billing or ad partners)
o Represent IBM Cloud Video in key industry standards groups
o Occasional travel to conferences
• Product Documentation and Training
o With support from documentation team, engineering and Customer Success, drive API and technical documentation as required for Client review, Technical Sales, and partner/eco-system interoperability
o With assist from documentation team, own the creation of release notes for customers and product documentation, FAQ, help guides
o Empower customer implementation teams and reseller partners through guidance and training
• Sales & Marketing Enablement
o Evangelize features and benefits of our solution and provide both deep-dive and visionary knowledge during customer (and prospective customer) visits and during remote meetings
o Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products & services and maintain analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses - especially in areas of ownership
o Occasionally provide product expertise and guidance during the RFP process
o Keep marketing content up-to-date in areas of product ownership
• 3-5+ years experience in product management, preferably for online B2B products
• Able to work across teams to drive direction on product requirements and decisions and bringing products from requirements to UAT to release
• Experience in writing user stories and requirements; familiarity with agile concepts
• Proven ability to successfully kick-start new initiatives - and to drive complex issues from analysis to phased approach to resolution.
• Knowledge of basic technical concepts in software development (no engineering experience necessary)
• Familiarity with online subscriber access, authentication and payment methods is very helpful; you will be the subject matter expert.
• Strong analytic skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and make compelling recommendations based on solid business case analysis.
• Knowledge of good usability / User Experience / User Interfaces for admin tools
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!