Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It’s the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone –and all of season two on your tablet. A leading video platform company, IBM Cloud Video enables TV networks, cable providers, and studios to offer video across screens. A highly strategic and growing area within IBM, the cloud video unit is a nimble, startup like business within one of the largest, most powerful companies in the world. We offer our employees the benefits of a large company (access to tools and resources that meet their career goals and interests, the ability to work with engaged peers across the world, excellent compensation and benefits) while ensuring that we keep our core traits as a start-up: flexibility and ingenuity. Our vision is truly unique and we are adding to our team! Please apply to IBM Cloud Video openings at: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/?lnk=mca
The Solutions Architect will play a critical role in winning and managing the on-boarding of new customers as well as facilitating the roll-out of complex technical features for existing customers. As the Clearleap platform and technology stack expert, the Solutions Architect will support Sales by representing Engineering and Operations early in the sales process in strategic opportunities during customer site visits. You will structure and drive conversations with client stakeholders to understand and solicit business needs and requirements for solution architecture, then engage with platform engineering, business stakeholders, and delivery teams to provide the blueprint for customer solutions and implementation. As one of the main points of contact for our most strategic accounts, this is a highly visible role with significant ownership. This person will have considerable influence on the future of our product by acting as the voice for customer solutions. The position requires vast knowledge and experience with principles, patterns, and best practices of providing a SaaS-based solution to top-tier media & entertainment companies.
Link to apply: http://ibm.biz/SolutionArch
Other duties include:
- Work closely with project and technical resources from customer teams during the pre-sales and post-sales/implementation process.
- Communicate requirements and specifications to a project team, guide the team during the implementation stage, and control and review solution implementation.
- Provide guidance and act as escalation point on decisions pertaining to scope and infrastructure changes required throughout the design and development process
- Work closely with internal cross-functional teams including Program Management, Product, Engineering, and Operations to align solutions with Clearleap platform features and roadmap.
- Drive a consistent architecture approach for customer solutions so that solutions can be reused.
- Provide SME support during and after customer delivery (e.g. change requests, delivery documentation, implementation design)
- Competitive salaries
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life, short term and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase programs
- 15 days of vacation in the first year
- 10 paid holidays and 2 floating days
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Free snacks and drinks, including soda fountain
- Onsite gym and showers
- 3 scooters, 2 ping pong tables, 1 foosball table, and corn hole!
- Regular fantasy sports leagues and quarterly cooking competitions (with prizes!)
We offer a flexible, exciting, and entrepreneurial work environment and look forward to you joining our team!