ClearFlow media services focus on the content management and delivery tools needed for long-term success of the content and service provider. Our cloud-based solution enables rapid deployment and agile adaptation, including flexible software updates with minimal impact on operating systems or user experience. The solution supports automatic end-to-end workflows, including initial acquisition/ingest, encoding, metadata management, and delivery to multiple destinations. Through a centralized management/workflow tool, all content can be processed into a full range of formats and delivered to multiple destinations. In addition, because of the cloud-based, scalable infrastructure, Clearleap can uniquely adapt to any future requirements.
Benefits of ClearFlow
- Low upfront and operational fees – No system or software to buy and maintain
- Scalable service grows with transcoding, storage, and distribution needs
- Support for Nielsen C3 rating system through quick processing of uncompressed assets
- Provides complete programming flexibility for Web/Internet/on-line/multiscreen-based, Linear, VOD, and EST offerings
- Complete video processing (transcoding, publishing, distribution, packaging) at the highest video quality
- Create many programming packages and publish to different destinations and offerings from a single set of uploaded content
- Produce many multi-screen formats from a single mezzanine file
- Full control of the entire process and delivery including notifications and monitoring
- Easy modification of metadata and availability windows
- Immediate delivery and flexible schedules – No long queues
- Allows for speed to market and quick turn-around
- Secure, private, cloud-based environment protects your content
- Outsource the management while maintaining complete control and visibility into the entire process
ClearFlow media services now offers C3 support, which quickly and cost-effectively processes uncompressed digital assets, speeding the delivery of on-demand content to consumers. The Nielsen C3 ratings system measures the average commercial minutes viewed during a broadcast and includes three days’ worth of digital video recorder (DVR), video on demand (VOD) and Internet playback data. As more consumers turn to on-demand viewing for their TV content, programmers want to make that content available as soon as possible. This allows more time within the 72-hour C3 window for ad viewing to be tracked, correlating directly to increased ad revenue. Clearleap speeds this turnaround process in a way not previously available giving operators a cost effective way to monetize VOD and TVE.
- Fast, scalable handling of content (volume of content, range of formats, and quick turnaround)
- High-quality file output, including the ability to capture high-resolution files at the programmer’s location
- Reliable, low cost file distribution—no queuing for satellite services
- Full toolset in the cloud, including the ability to mark and trim content
- Archival quality capture means programs only have to be recorded and distributed once
Core to the ClearFlow solution is workflow management capability. An easy to use web-based tool set provides full control over all video assets within the system. The interface provides a comprehensive view into the state of every asset contained in the system for a given account. It allows users to upload, process, QC, approve or reject, distribute, and archive content.
- Easy to use web-based interface allows access and control from virtually anywhere
- User-based security and role-based permissions safeguard access to content and functionality
- Easily find the location and status of your content throughout the workflow process
- Account and event logging allows for full security audits
- Workflow steps can be fully automated or set to require manual intervention
- Real-time system and content status available through alert notifications
ClearFlow has the ability to ingest a wide variety of video and audio formats, including metadata, still images, and packaged content such as the CableLabs VOD, MRSS, and many other web standards. Ingest can be handled in a variety of ways including drop folders, Secure FTP, HTTP, and Aspera connections, as well as customized direct interfaces with proprietary content management systems.
- Allows uploading of a single mezzanine file to create many formatted versions
- Support for multiple user uploads for a single account
- Secure transfer methods protect valuable content assets
Clearleap offers a scalable video processing solution that can adapt with the content and video service provider needs. A full set of video and audio transcoding capabilities are available as part of the service offering.
- Scalable software based processing allows for quick turn-around of content, no long queues
- Highest level of broadcast quality transcoding including 5.1 audio, closed captioning, and V-chip Information handling
- Support for MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SD and HD up to 1080p
- Adaptive bitrate transcoding including Apple HTTP Live Streaming and Microsoft Smooth Streaming for Internet streaming and EST
- New formats easily supported including 3DTV
- Capture from satellite feeds allows for real-time processing of live content.
- Extensive video and audio processing including adaptive aspect ratio, video scaling, overlays, and watermarking
An extensive set of analysis tools can be applied to each asset to look at bitrate, audio levels, and stream compliance. ClearFlow offers a standard set of analysis tools as part of the service. Additional third party tools like Manzanita Cross Check can also be added for more comprehensive analysis. This set of analysis verifies the quality and makeup of video content files, before they are distributed.
- No need to pay or keep up to date tools to analyze
- Assure quality product is being delivered
ClearFlow provides a full feature set of content stitching and management. This ability can be used to provide customized bumpers for each destined affiliate or create an entire new asset with selected advertisements inserted between segments.. Clearleap can integrate further upstream in the content hand-off process to ingest clean assets, allowing for “playlist” style instructions to be published to the system as a new content offering is needed.
- Simple API allows for assembly instructions to be passed by external systems
- Content and advertisement segments can be uploaded once and reused over and over to create new content programming
- Full support for Nielsen C3 with D4/D7 advertisement change out
Metadata is critically important to the monetization of content and its importance will do nothing but increase in an all-IP / any device world. Metadata is both critical and not yet fully exploited to help viewers find your content and choose it.
With ClearFlow, metadata can be both tamed and maximized in one system. ClearFlow provides a complete set of metadata management tools that include metadata templates, rule sets, and plugins that allow for full manipulation of metadata when needed. These can be applied on ingest, during processing, and when content is published. A wide range of metadata formats are supported including web interfaces and CableLabs VOD specifications.
- Allows for metadata checking and validation, so no content is passed unless metadata is complete and correct.
- Metadata templates and rule-sets allow for customization of content for locations and devices
- Flexibility to adapt for needs of new affiliates or new device types being added
As part of the ClearFlow solution, Clearleap provides a highly available storage solution that protects against equipment and disk failure. The cloud-based network offers a highly scalable, secure storage environment. Multiple options are available, including short and long term, and geographically diverse storage, as well as long-term archival storage of both source mezzanine and derived transcoded content files. The Clearleap video processing and storage centers follow the strictest security guidelines ensuring your content is well protected.
- Generic servers offer a low cost and easily maintained high-availability storage solution, no need to buy specialized server hardware to support in your own facility
- Professional video storage needs
- Optional long-term archival storage provides a natural disaster recovery medium
- Pay-as-you grow / pay-as-you-use model
ClearFlow can distribute content to various sources via cost effective terrestrial Internet based communications. This low-cost method is both secure and reliable. Allowing greater control over content distribution and offerings, it provides a substantial savings in operations costs over traditional satellite distribution methods. Content can be delivered back to the original source, to a CDN, or directly to a network operator. The system automatically distributes content based on publishing rules that look at the availability window and the minimum time needed for downstream systems to propagate content. ClearFlow offers several methods for delivery. One method is through our Edge Exchange device which sits at the Operator’s facility. This low-cost, remotely managed device controls the flow of content into the operator and can hand content off using industry standard methods, including ADI for VOD systems. This option also affords a further view and and control of content into an operator’s facility with support for interfaces such as ADI to provide confirmation of content transactions. Clearleap also supports Aspera and a variety of other Internet based transfer methods. ClearFlow easily scales from a single location to hundreds of locations.
- Complete programming flexibility for VOD through low cost delivery and targeting of content by location
- Create many programming packages from a single upload
- Supports web-based content as well as broadcast quality SD, HD, and 3D distribution
- Full control of delivery including notification, monitoring
- Easy modification of metadata and availability windows
- Immediate delivery – no long queues
- Allows for speed to market and quick content turn-around within hours, not days
- Support for a variety of transport methods including Secure FTP, Aspera, and our Edge Exchange
- Allows you to take advantage of year over year drop of Internet transport costs
ClearFlow provides an entire linear play-out solution to create a local digital channel. Through its extensive scheduling tools, a network operator can schedule content to play out at an exact time. When there are empty blocks of time in the schedule the system will automatically revert to a predetermined playlist of content. This low-cost solution is ideal for barker and PEG channels.
- Create low cost PEG channel with the ability to use the same content offered on VOD
- Barker channel management
- Support for both SD and HD play out via day/time scheduler
- Default playlist fills schedule gaps automatically.
Clearleap has a highly trained quality control group who can be assigned to review content for quality and consistency. Areas of interest include audio and caption sync, video quality, content metadata matching, video runtime entirety, and ratings.
- QC programs are tailored to your needs.
- Full flexibility allows you to only pay for what you need.